Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the chrome window surrounds on my '63 are all pitted and flaky so I bit the bullet and ordered reproductions. I did a pretty long search on this site and the web looking for ideas to easily remove the strips and reinstall. I know they probably need to be massaged onto the window with a rubber mallet and some adhesive probably with the help of some dish soap. The question is, does anybody have any good pictures of removing and reinstalling windows on a non-post car? I found the following thread helpful but was hoping there might be something with a few more pictures or hints before I bust into this job. Thanks in advance for any answers.

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155887&highlight=window+replacement

·
Registered
140 Posts
I replaced mine on my 65 hardtop. I placed the frame without rubber onto glass and marked final position for reference. I then used electrical tape to hold the rubber gasket onto the window. I had to cut at corners to get it lay flat and remove folds.
Lubed up real good with Dawn dish soap and it slid into position fairly easily. Once I had everything installed, I used razor blade to trim off the rubber next to window and frame at a slight angle to limit possibility of water sitting against glass. Hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts