Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Mission BC Canada

Yes, that's right Chuck at CV Plating is the man. Ask first when the service is offered from your US Parts stores. You will be amazed that they are only th "Middle Man" !! ;) Literally, thousands of pieces are shipped to Chuck every month from all over the US. Unfortunately, your $$$$$$$ is the same now and the process is spendy. $700 for all my Fury dash pieces but there is a lot of detail work!!

http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/

Good Luck Ric

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
bogie's right on this one. some of the sellers saying they do their own work send the parts to them .plating plastic is not something you can do in your garage. check them out.they do repair work too.i had them do all of my dash and a/c face with great results.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I think you will find Mr. G's is not a "middle man", been in business since the mid 70's. Might want to do a price/delivery comparison. Quality on the Mopar stuff we have gotten was excellent.

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Yep & yep !!

Looks like a 64 Plymouth. Am I right?
It is a 64 Sport Fury, 383-4spd, ps, pb, pw, air conditioning, radio & rear speaker with factory reverb mounted in the trunk, 3:23 sure grip rear end, remote outside rear view mirror. I am in the process of changing the interior to all Black!!

Ric

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
There was a thread on restoring 68-74 bezels a while back. I can't remember who it was but they showed what they did and it looked brand new. I think they spray bombed the bezel and used a silver highlighter for the raised letters. Super nice job.

Tommy :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I think you will find Mr. G's is not a "middle man", been in business since the mid 70's. MG]http://www.southcoastrides.com/Hemi%20Greg/ph212.JPG[/IMG]

Rich
Rich, it always pays to research. Can't be too careful these days, parts are too darn expensive to be travelling here & there & back and.......

As I said, the vacuumizing process is a specialized service. Mr G's does NOT do the plastic rechroming in house......... they are indeed, the "Middleman" They do however, repair first and then detail/paint the parts once they get them back. I just spoke with Robin at Mr G's and he does sound like a great guy. They mostly have an inventory of finished products which they will exchange for your cores. I do believe Chuck has been replating your Mopar stuff?? Glad yer happy.

PS Just to let you know..... lead times for this service (if parts are not in house) is 2 - 3 MONTHS :eek::eek: I guess that's to allow for shipping here & there??

Cheers Ric :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I have a plastic part that is in need of re-plating. If I could buy a reproduction I would, but they are not made.

Anyone have leads to replaters that do plastic, aluminum, pot metal etc.......

???:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
A friend of mine has chrome plated fiberglass bumpers for his 69 Mustang. I haven't saw them but he says they look reallly good. I'll find out the name of the place if you interested in them.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I combined the 2 threads and will move it to the "Best of Body and Interior" so these links wont get lost.

Maybe NPHMP could add them to the library in a new section labled something like "Parts restorers".

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
mr g's

novajoe and myself just sent him a rather large shipment of a/c faceplates,balls etc......
My balls are nos but kinda tarnished they wont polish out so I guess I should send them out for replating. I would like my balls to be shiny again.

how did the condensor mounting turn out?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts