Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate a company that does custom chrome plating that was featured in the goodguys gazette awhile back. I cant remember the name of the place, but I remember that they had a good review, and they were not cheap. I thought they were out of Knoxville. Any help fellas?

·
Registered
520 Posts
option

If you want much better pricing, then check out this guy. I drove over and talked to him and my bumpers turned out really nice. They are show chrome. I had to take one of them back that i messed up and he redid it for me without hesitation. Tell him the nova guy from alabama recommended him. Oh, he turned everything around for me in 3 weeks too. I think he doesn't have near the orders and will turn it even quicker. You might get some better pricing than me. Their orders were pretty slow when i went there last august. It is probably worse now. Hope this helps.

http://danspolishingandchrome.com/

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
There are 2 in TN that are highly used by custom builders.

Knoxville Custom Chrome

Advance plating, I believe they are in Nashville

There is a company in Knoxville that does only bumpers.
I can't remember the name.

Al

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help fellas. I dont want the cheapest, dont want the quickest, just want chrome that doesnt bubble 6 months after its done. We had all the trim done for my Dads car, 1961 skylark, brought it home when it was done and it looked good. Well it sat in a nice dry place over the winter and this spring I bring some of it out to check for fitment on the car while doing bodywork and there is alot of bubbles in the chrome, particularly in the recessed areas that get painted satin black. And there were 3 pieces that were bubbling on the finished chrome. So I take the crap back to this place and he tells me that is how it is.It is pot metal and the impurities come out and he cant get those areas clean, and that I am supposed to sand down those bubbles and prime with metal etch primer and then hi build primer etc to get a good smooth surface for the satin black. I just cant believe this is how it is done. So I need to talk to an excellent plater and get the low down on the bubbles. Then when I go back to pick up the other stuff I will know what is B.S. and what is not. Thanks for the help guys, I am going to make some calls in the morning.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you want much better pricing, then check out this guy. I drove over and talked to him and my bumpers turned out really nice. They are show chrome. I had to take one of them back that i messed up and he redid it for me without hesitation. Tell him the nova guy from alabama recommended him. Oh, he turned everything around for me in 3 weeks too. I think he doesn't have near the orders and will turn it even quicker. You might get some better pricing than me. Their orders were pretty slow when i went there last august. It is probably worse now. Hope this helps.

http://danspolishingandchrome.com/
I used this guy also. It was last July when I went up there with my stuff and he was running 6 to 7 weeks behind at the time. He did quality work at a reasonable price. I had him do one rear lower SS quarter molding, hood emblem, a vent window post, and a couple of other pieces. They all turned out real nice.

·
Registered
520 Posts
plater

I was up there in august, right after you I suppose. At that time, his orders were slowing up alot and he was 3 weeks out. He was reasonable if you consider $375 for each of the bumpers I had plated. The stuff turned out super nice. He also has a one year warranty with his work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts