Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was burping the coolant system today, forgot to plug the cooling fan in, and by the time I noticed I got coolant all over the place. I rinsed it all down with water, but now I have spots all over the place that need to be cleaned. What would you guys use to clean this up with? I'm not looking to show detail this thing, just clean it up for a cruise in I was gonna hit up on Sunday. Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you want a over the counter metal polish that you can get at any store then I prefer Blue Majic over any of them. It's not as thick as Mothers and IMO works quicker to pull out contaminants and bring out the shine. :yes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you want a over the counter metal polish that you can get at any store then I prefer Blue Majic over any of them. It's not as thick as Mothers and IMO works quicker to pull out contaminants and bring out the shine. :yes:
Found Bush's to work the best for me...

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Simichrome works for me, not too harsh on the metal but always comes out looking nice.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I was burping the coolant system today, forgot to plug the cooling fan in, and by the time I noticed I got coolant all over the place. I rinsed it all down with water, but now I have spots all over the place that need to be cleaned. What would you guys use to clean this up with? I'm not looking to show detail this thing, just clean it up for a cruise in I was gonna hit up on Sunday. Thanks.
use dawn original dish soap [its blue]. it doesnt have any acid in it. it will clean all the polished pieces , and wont dull anything. if your billet pieces were a little dull to begin with i found that [heavy metal polish] works very good.

if your shaking your head about the dawn dish soap, try it and you will see

1 - 9 of 9 Posts