Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am beginning to dismantle my 63 and paint it.
There are some rust on parts of the front bumper which has a additional part on top of the bumper.

Is there hope to salvage this bumper? I haven't seen this type in the catalogs.

Was this a package type deal on the bumpers? They both have added pieces.

The rear bumper has it worse:(

Also on some other trim I was hoping could be polished/buffed out.
Does it look saveable? Or should I order new ********:(

Any help is appreciated.

·
13,998 Posts
From the pics, I'd say the bumpers on the car look pretty decent. Take a wet SOS pad or steel wool and see how much of that surface rust you can remove. You might be surprized. Obviously, to look really good, they'll need re-chroming.
The piece on top of the front bumper is an optional grill guard. The bumper guards on the rear were also optional. You could order front or back individually. The trim around the trunk lid is anodized aluminum. The anodizing can be removed and the aluminum polished up almost to a chrome-like finish.

Bob

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob!

I tested out the rear bumper w steel wool and it did make an improvement better than i expected. Theres still pitts and all but from a distance its not too bad. Especially after calling around for estimates on re plating:eek:

I may redo the emblems on the hood and truck--the spears. I cant find repros of them.

Whats the best way to remove the anodizing on the trim pieces? Chrome polish?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Best to just send the trim pieces out to George Lucas he can fix you right up with those. glmetalpolishing not allowed to post links here so just add the .com to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts