Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my project, a 63 moordoor:) I am one of those rare breeds of girls that loves cars and this is my first project, OK second really- I also find myself working on my little 83 rabbit, but that is my daily driver. The nova is my first love though:yes:

I have come to this site on many occasions seeking opinions and advice and what can I say other than that everyone here is unbelievably helpful. Until now I have not posted any photos of my car and figured it was about time I figured out photobucket.

The engine is finally back together with a fresh coat of chevy orange:) I have been working on it with a friend over the winter and it is finally ready to go back in the car. Pretty much everything has been redone, bored 30 over, new pistons (hard to find too I might add), head was redone by a machine shop, new oil pump, cam, etc., you name it it was done. I had the old power-glide rebuilt while it was out too.

At the moment the car is out to have the engine compartment painted. I decided to stay as original with it is as possible. In the engine compartment I decided to go with a factory type paint job with the original paint which is a dark brown, fading into black.

Yeah I know everyone tells me to paint it a different color but truth be told I sort of fell in love with the brown:) Not too many brown cars around anymore so I am personally bringing it back! I think it will look quite nice with the chevy orange straight 6.

There is still much to be done but I am hopeful I'll have it running soon. I can't wait to drive her again!

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me out- you are all the best!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the car back from having the engine compartment painted, they did a beautiful job:yes: I started putting everything back in over the weekend. Here are some new pics showing the progress. Hoping to start her up soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.