Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Just remember that there are two types of inner fenders for them......one with the Chassisworks logo on them, and one that is plain ($50 more)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
What front end is under the car now? I noticed in the pics that you have linked that it's not the factory shock-tower set-up.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats in another post on the forums but so you do not have to track it down.. the guys that had it before me thought a 78 Trans am sub frame would work ( and it might, I just dont know what direction they were going to go with the car, I'm making a street machine, cruiser) ...its too wide the tires scrub the fenders with the slightest movement left or right, rear diff is from the 78 TA as well.. all that is going bye - bye. I want to outfit the car with a low nasty stance about 4 to 4 1/2 inches off the ground on 18 x 8 in the front and 18 by 12 or 13 in the rear... doing a mini tub in the back for those meats.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hello Ikillintel, I have a 67 with that clip on it. No motor or tranny yet. It's also minitubbed. I'm in Myrtle Beach if you want to come and look at it for any measuring or anything else. Where in NC are you? Dom

·
Registered
97 Posts
So what is the diffrence between this and say the CPP or TCI front clip? Not trying to be mean or put down a product but I see the cpp for 2500 and just dont know the diffrence.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
[/IMG]

Complete out the door with the innerfender panels ( not shown) minus shipping $5,100.00. This is what I have decided to go with for the front of the car... money...hmmmm.... i'll know next week.
The best clip you can buy!!!IMO...your gonna love it!!bm

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Ikillintel, I have a 67 with that clip on it. No motor or tranny yet. It's also minitubbed. I'm in Myrtle Beach if you want to come and look at it for any measuring or anything else. Where in NC are you? Dom

I'm in Rutherford County, NC about 4 to 5 hours from MB ... awesome, thanks for the offer I may take you up on that. Sorry took so long to reply I've been looking up wheels & tires and checking all my measurements, backspacing, widths blah blah.... my mind is jammed with numbers ahhaaha..

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what is the diffrence between this and say the CPP or TCI front clip? Not trying to be mean or put down a product but I see the cpp for 2500 and just dont know the diffrence.

Thanks,
Ryan
Nah, I dont think your trying to be mean. The kit your speaking of is this just as complete as what you see in my pic for 2,500.00? Sounds like thats just the frame for 2,500.00 I think the CA frame only is like 1,269.00 with no extras. I'll check into em. I just have friends that use Chris Alston products and have no complaints everything rolls smoothly with install ect..ect.. really good quality as well. I've never heard of CPP or TCI until I came to this site. Just like you not downing a product I've never read about or looked at just never heard of them... Like I said I'll look into em and their products...maybe I can get the 2 companies to compete for my business...? haha. :devil:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have the same clip on the front of my 66 and I love it. Yes it was pricey, but the car handles like a modern car. And yes you just might have to 2x4 the upper strut bars in place,but no big deal.. good luck and enjoy.

Len

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts
The best clip you can buy!!!IMO...your gonna love it!!bm
I've looked at them all and am now sold on the Scotts clip. That's what I'm getting for my '66. It has everything the Chassisworks does plus more of what I want for about the same price. The Scotts Nova clips are not all built to the same dimensions. They are custom units. You can slam the car down lower with more ground clearance with the Scotts clip and they do it without using drop spindles and custom-narrow it to your exact specifications while retaining longer control arms for better handling. Both the upper and lower control arms are adjustable and when installed look almost exactly like the Chassisworks to the un-trained eye.

I'm getting the complete Scotts clip built to my exact specifications with all the chrome and stainless options, Wilwood disc brakes, Aldan coil-overs and a complete custom-built recessed firewall for supercharged big block application for $5400.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
[/IMG]

Complete out the door with the innerfender panels ( not shown) minus shipping $5,100.00. This is what I have decided to go with for the front of the car... money...hmmmm.... i'll know next week.
SWEET!!! Bet yer excited to get the build up going. Does it come powder coated or are you gonna take care of the painting yourself. Gonna be a fun car from the sounds of it. Keep up the posts and pics, we all love this stuff. JR

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Thats in another post on the forums but so you do not have to track it down.. the guys that had it before me thought a 78 Trans am sub frame would work ( and it might, I just dont know what direction they were going to go with the car, I'm making a street machine, cruiser) ...its too wide the tires scrub the fenders with the slightest movement left or right, rear diff is from the 78 TA as well.. all that is going bye - bye. I want to outfit the car with a low nasty stance about 4 to 4 1/2 inches off the ground on 18 x 8 in the front and 18 by 12 or 13 in the rear... doing a mini tub in the back for those meats.
on my 66 i used a 70 nova front sub and welded it to a set of frame rails, ran a set of strut bars from the top fender mount to the sub frame. fit very nice and total cost was 300 bucks. to bad i had to sell the car due to wrecking my 1st 64 and blew up the tranny in a 78 onte i street raced. actually i traded the whole car for a 87 monte ss, in better shape.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts