Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not usually a fan of chopped Chevy IIs/Novas, but this one doesn't look that bad. The price seems low for what it appears to be. I say 'appears', because an on site inspection might reveal the reason why. It's also a bit of a niche market for a car like this. Also note that the car is listed as being in Chicago, but has a Saskatchewan licence plate. Love it or leave it?

Bob

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Chevr...828680?hash=item1efdaa8108:g:rvoAAOSwNaBdH4y4

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts

Exactly rquad.. it's back roofline looks like a Mach 1 to me, not a fan of that style hood scoop, and the ass end to high, but I do like it..
I chopped a 66 model, and it reminded me of some Camero lines..

Attachments

·
14,585 Posts
Looking down the quarter panels it reminds me of a Gran Torino. I don't particularly like the top chopped that much.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
when i first looked i thought the quarters looked different. ya i'll say amc javelin. i have to say i'd drive it with a smile on my face. looks to be a nice job on the chop, but very different for a nova.

·
Super Moderator
3,886 Posts
First, to each his or her own. I get that. And the job on the chop that was done looks like someone took the time to change the C pillar line to do a job that looks integrated, so kudos for that.

But the reason I dislike it is that it does what all the retro pony cars have had done to them (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang): increase the distance from rocker to belt line (top of the door where the window starts). This Nova was actually RAISED and given a rocker/spoiler treatment in plastic or glass all around the car. So while the cross section of the car is taller, the roof is shorter, making it look like a small head grafted onto a larger body. No net gain aerodynamically as a result, I'd guess.

Nice cut, but a swing and a miss, imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts