Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a quick question, as you know im barely getting into this with my 76 nova, but on my carb theres a choke pull off and another part that looks like the choke pull off, whats that part called? Im in need of replacements and dont feel like just buying another carb for 8 or so dollar part :bored:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
One is a choke pull off the other is called the same but controls the secondary.
A carb with 2 pull offs, they reference them as primary (choke) And Secondary.

Look on the drivers side of the carb just above the secondary throttle shaft and look for a number running from bottom-up.

This number with be a (7) digit number starting with 7, Or a (8) digit number starting with 17

get this number for your local parts store for the correct part.

Al

IE: link http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(...976+50012+2012044+3012044+3999999&Ntk=Keyword

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've taken the parts in hand to several local parts stores but they didn't carry it, rock auto is the only place that seemed to have one but not the other, and the reason for the confusion is a lot of "local folk" had different names for it.

I have the numbers just cant seem to find them right now but all I really needed was the true name. Im in a bit of a time crunch here so that explains the haste.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I've taken the parts in hand to several local parts stores but they didn't carry it, rock auto is the only place that seemed to have one but not the other, and the reason for the confusion is a lot of "local folk" had different names for it.

I have the numbers just cant seem to find them right now but all I really needed was the true name. Im in a bit of a time crunch here so that explains the haste.
Post the carb number!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts