Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am in the middle of changing my 283 to a 350 on my 1966 Nova, the original pan is being used with the front sump and oil pickup. However the oil pickup has a mounting bracket that mounted to the bottom of the block. Now I go to the 350 and there is no mounting hole for the pickup bracket. Anyone ran into this and if so how do I get around it?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Hi All, I am in the middle of changing my 283 to a 350 on my 1966 Nova, the original pan is being used with the front sump and oil pickup. However the oil pickup has a mounting bracket that mounted to the bottom of the block. Now I go to the 350 and there is no mounting hole for the pickup bracket. Anyone ran into this and if so how do I get around it?

Thanks,
You can either drill and tap a hole, or weld the pick up to the pump.

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
A 2-bolt setup will allow you to drill a 1/4-20 hole next to the middle cap similar to the 283 setup. I had a 4-bolt main setup and modified the bracket to fit under the outer bolt on the middle cap.

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
I thought that the tube was a little too long to run unsupported, but welding it may work well. As long as you're welding, you can weld the bracket to a washer that fits under the head of the outer bolt.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Couldn't make the above link work but you can go to Chevy2only.com website and look up this part number 01002-1. Be sure to copy and print out the instructions for modification of the pickup tube. :yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts