Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I dont know how to post a poll I am just gonna ask the question direct.
Chevy, Dodge and Ford continues to reproduced muscle cars from the late 60's and early 70's however the only car that has not being reproduced yet that I believe could kill the market on a positive note is the Nova.
If they ever decide to do so, which body style would be your number 1 choice?
What motor/tranny would be ideal?

First/Second Generation
Third Generation
Fourth Generation

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Well i think its obvious....

a 1st gen of course:devil: I'd even be ok if had posts:D

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I'm with him...

But I would be afraid we would see something along the lines of the new Dodge Dart which i am not excited about at all.
^^^^^I am with him on this.:yes::yes::yes:
I do like those Challengers though.:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The '67 Chevy II always wins the popularity polls on this website so it would probably make for a big seller. But another ways Dynacorn could look at it is, they are already building first generation Camaros. They already have much of the tooling for the under pinning of a third generation Nova. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
682 Posts
3rd gen Novas are my favorite, so that would be my initial choice, except for the fact that I'm worried about how badly they would screw up the styling while "modernizing" it.

·
13,729 Posts
First, I don't believe we'll ever see a 'new' Nova produced by GM. I'd be surprized if any after market Nova bodies were ever marketed, too. We tend to forget the Chevy II/Nova reason for being was as an inexpensive economy car and the vast majority sold were just that. Compared to Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, etc., the numbers of high performance Chevy IIs/Novas was miniscule. If by some miracle a modern day Nova was to be built, I don't think it would be based on any of the previous body styles or drivetrains. It would be a totally new, small economy car, maybe even a hybrid. Like the Dart, the only thing it would have in common with the old Nova would be the name. I think we'd all be totally disappointed and would want nothing to do with it. Lets hope it never happens.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Uhmmm.......Have we forgotten about the LAST time GM used the Nova badge on a new car?!?!? Circa 1987-The Corolla/Nova was embarrassing and an insult to ANY car buyer's intelligence,whether you had any previous sentiment towards the earlier Novas or not. Absolute CRAP. It did follow the original vein of "Economical/Commuter car",but the similarity ended there. JUNK,JUNK,...EMBARRASSING JUNK!:mad::mad:
I agree with Bob......i'd rather they leave the Nova name alone.:yes:
Leftcoast Carl.:)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
You can't improve perfection!:no:

They couldn't please everyone anyway, the new Camaro is selling very well, but there's folks who don't like it at all. I think all 3 of the first gens were perfect for the era, 1 & 2 made sweet gasser and the 3rd gen BB are awesome IMO.:yes:

·
Registered
682 Posts
They couldn't please everyone anyway, the new Camaro is selling very well, but there's folks who don't like it at all.
Yep. :yes:

I'm a perfect example.....long time Camaro/F-body owner, I've bought two of them brand new and by 2009 I was ready to buy another, but they missed the target with me. I'm not sure if I'll ever warm up to the 5th gen Camaros. :(

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I'M A 2ND GEN GUY, BUT IF IT COMES BACK, IT'D BE BEST A 3RD GEN! IMO :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts