Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Newly thinking about buying a 69 nova from a guy. Apparently has had a 454 swap and tyranny of course. 4 speed conversion. I know a limited amount mechanically but I want to learn more. I dont know enough about these old classic car values and what to look for as far as authenticity . If anyone would be interested in talking with me for a little advice . I have the sale add as well to show what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
welcome to the nova site. post up the cowl tag numbers an someone here will be able to tell you if it is a true SS or a clone. you wouldn't want to pay the price of an SS if it really isn't. good luck in your purchase.

·
14,138 Posts
The Super Sport in 1969 was an option package for Nova 2 door sedans, so there's no way to identify one by the VIN. If the VIN is an 11427 it was a V/8 (no size designation), which is a start. An 11327 was a six cylinder. There were no six cylinder Super Sports in 1969.

Bob

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hey guys. Newly thinking about buying a 69 nova from a guy. Apparently has had a 454 swap and tyranny of course. 4 speed conversion. I know a limited amount mechanically but I want to learn more. I dont know enough about these old classic car values and what to look for as far as authenticity . If anyone would be interested in talking with me for a little advice . I have the sale add as well to show what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance !
If you like send me a private message with you contact info and I can help you verify the authenticity, whether it is an SS or not. The 69 model has a couple hidden secrets many are unaware of, so at the very least we can prove it isn't a real SS or true BB car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts