Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will have more later I am toast. I was not picked. But run a race Friday night.

A red Gen 1 ChevyII won the first 4 wide competition ever! ( the very first pass of 4 wide) Then went on to win the hole ball of wax.

They did a lot of new stuff! A lot!

Good night will post more later!

AL

And you heard the news first! here on Steve's Nova Site!
Anywhere else is a copy!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
4 across, now thats something to see. Hey, did you get the air date for the show so we can check it out. Bet it was a blast. Doesn't sound like you broke anything so it was a good day :) JR

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
45,000 strong!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have but a few pics. Tom will have a lot.
he is flying home today.

The production company had a helicopter, a cable camera that ran the length of the track and could travel at 100mph.
64 hand held, and 2 jibbs cranes, 24 station cameras.

They picked 64 cars.
They ran in pairs down to 32
The 32 ran in 4's down to 8 (winner taking 1000.00)
the they ran pairs down to the winner.

Doug Herbert made a 1/4 mile pass at 3.85 302.85 mph

Tyrone Graham, A parts guy at Tommy Johnson's Motorsports Warehouse was quick 8 winner,
He ran a 7.62 at 178.00mph 55 Chevy! A home Boy here in Newton, NC

I can now say I have participated in a Pinks all out event.
It was quite a adventure & experience.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
cool. I think this is the first time a Nova has won right. I think the 4 wide racing is quite interesting. looks like fun

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is it!
First ever 4 wide race! ChevyII wins!!!!!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
that is BITCHEN !!!!!!!!!! man you guys are awesome congrates to all of you hey al good video made my hair stand up :yes: ...... oh did you see that wagon carry the wheels amost 1/8 mile looks like the track was well prepped i cant wait to bring my car out your way one of these days :yes: 4 wide i cant beleive it :salute: :salute: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starting line shot!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
hopefully they build more tracks like this maybe out here in california i think that is awesome just think if they did top fuel 4 wide

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some big news from from the Zmax deal!

Guess who was ask to leave the team of Pinks!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
the bald dude

the bald dude likes to moan where there is an oil down ,,,, i laughed thinking about all four lanes with an oil down :devil:,,, he would have needed an oxygen mask . :yes:

The SB2 my buddy was building was there ,, still fine tuning it ,, anxious to see what it did.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
that would suck if Rich was asked to leave.

I used to hate him because he acts like a jackass mosttimes, but when I was at pinks all out and heard his story I couldnt help but empathize with him. he deserves what he has - he pitched over 200 shows to the networks over a 15 year period until someone said yes. it was like a second job for him calling networks and pitching shows.

it would suck if they kept his idea without keeping him.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts