Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 64 Chevy II 4 door and want to customize it by putting a exterior windshield sun visor/ sun shade on it, i guess they never made one and I would have to custom make it. Anyone ever done this before? Any good ideals? Thanks

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i've seen many of them but never on a ChevyII. i think i'd look for another model of car and see about cutting it down/modifying it to fit.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think this would look awesome on a 4-Door. Maybe you can cut one out of cardboard and take the piece to a medal fab shop. As far as the hinges you are probably going to remove your headliner to anchor this.
Please let us ( me) know how it goes as I would like to copy your success for my Missouri More Door.
James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies

I think this would look awesome on a 4-Door. Maybe you can cut one out of cardboard and take the piece to a medal fab shop. As far as the hinges you are probably going to remove your headliner to anchor this.
Please let us ( me) know how it goes as I would like to copy your success for my Missouri More Door.
James
I have found some older ones for trucks on Craigslist and am trying to purchase them to try to make it, never seen it but love it on the older cars!!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i'd look for the style that connects only to the drip rails, for a one piece windshield... a lot of the earlier were for a 2 piece/split windshield.

should be interesting... section it to fit the width, possibly change the drip rail attaching angles/configuration. many had chrome/stainless accent trim...

post up pics when you get going will you?

an additional thoughts...

if it connects to the drip rail right at the "A" pillar junction, that section of drip rail is attached to the pillar by a few real small screws. the end slips over the roof drip. the angle of the sunshade can create a lot of wind drag. it can have up forces, down forces... i'd hope for neutral myself. it will need to evacuate the air without ripping itself off of the roof. i'd think about removing the forward drip rail screws and maybe rivet the rail to the "A" pillar. the screws are real small & short, not many threads on them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts