1,436 Posts
Hopefully they are super rare :D

By the way welcome to the site :yes::yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
that one is more rare than the others
its a '62 only unit
'63- '65 are the same as each other & 66 -67 are a little different than '63 - '65
I don't think its $750 rare though , if the evaporator is no good its about $350 for a new one
schwabie

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
UNLESS YOU'RE TRYIN' TO GO ORIGINAL, I WOULDN'T BOTHER WITH THIS UNIT! IT'S BULKY, TAKES UP LEG ROOM AND UGLY!
I'D GO MODERN A/C WITH VINTAGE AIR:yes:
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
UNLESS YOU'RE TRYIN' TO GO ORIGINAL, I WOULDN'T BOTHER WITH THIS UNIT! IT'S BULKY, TAKES UP LEG ROOM AND UGLY!
I'D GO MODERN A/C WITH VINTAGE AIR:yes:
:rolleyes:

yea what he said this unit is bigger than the other year units and a lot uglier
schwabie

·
Registered
470 Posts
I never really liked this one compared to the '63-'67 models either, but the fact that it says Chevy II makes me kinda want one. I sure wish they'd have put Chevy II on the later ones.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I never really liked this one compared to the '63-'67 models either, but the fact that it says Chevy II makes me kinda want one. I sure wish they'd have put Chevy II on the later ones.
YOU'RE STUCK IN NOSTALGIA, I NEED THE HERE AND NOW! :cool:

·
13,985 Posts
This would be a neat piece to have if you're doing up a '62 as original, but it appears all that is being sold here is the evaporator. You'll still need to hunt down a correct compressor, dryer bottle, condenser, brackets, etc.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts

·
13,985 Posts
A lot of the 1st generation a/c components are different than 2nd gen. IE: condensers and brackets, dryer, etc.

Bob

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
YOU CAN HAVE A RUNNIN' A/C FOR UNDER $500, WITH THESE UNITS :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts