Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( So I drove the wagon with this motor and trans combo last week it s 194 with a 350 trans. It ran really good even at the cruise. So this week I swapped it into another wagon and now I can't get it to start :(. Here's what I have tried and checked Yes all plugs have spark I have tried using a little starting fluid a little bit of gas with no luck. Nothing was moved as far as timing I even tried a new coil pack and cap and nothing ( Has electronic Ignition) It doesn't have a exhaust right now would that make a difference ? Also no wiring in dash or firewall so I am using a jumper cable. I have gotten it to start but turns off right away. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. Oh also don't know if the trans is in gear or not would that keep it from starting ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Automatics have a nuetral safety switch, but i think the switch is in the column. are you filling the carb bowl, if not its probly running out of go juice.
good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bowl is full and I have a ground straight to the block and the dizzy is grounded to the starter and I have tried grounding it to the battery with no luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts