1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chevroletfreak - 1969, Nova 2 door

Year: 1969

Model: 11427Wxxxxxx code 2-door from Willow Run MI

Engine: #'s matched, T0304HC Tonawanda NY built 4MAR; 1969 4-bolt main 250hp/350tq; 350cid 2V w/manual and shiped to Willow Run to be installed in the car (19Wxxxxxx)

Body/Exterior: Fisher body M3(?) built second week of MAR 1969; Believed to be a 57 code Fathom Green. It had a replacement Dark Green Vinyl roof at some time with the wrong grain pattern (not Levant Grain as it should be). The cowl tag only identifies the Dark Green vinyl roof with an "S", but does not have anything marked for upper or lower colors.

Front End:

Transmission: #'s matched, floor shifted Signaw 3 speed manual

Rear End: #'s matched (to P-O-P) PG0311G1 built 11MAR. I believe it is an open diff because there is no model # on the second line of the axle code. I believe it is geared w/3.07's because the driveshaft spins just over 3 times when compared to 2 rotations of the wheel

Exhaust: Believed to be original dual exhaust with the heat riser still installed

Wheels/Tires: 69XG coded 14x6's with trim rings and caps

Interior: Code 745 Custom Midnight Green Bench

Electrical: Stock with electric choke wire added.

Accessories/Options: Still researching because a build sheet has not been found. I have checked the interior to no avail. I have not looked above the fuel tank yet. This car was special ordered with a bunch of SS options, but did not want to pay the higher insurance of the SS nameplate. The most noteable are the multi-leaf rear springs and dual exhaust.

Sound system: Stock AM radio

Additional Comments: This vehicle was almost a fresh barn find with less than 82k original miles when I bought it. The owner I bought it from had known the vehicle to be sitting in excess of 15 years at the original owners house. The original owner was adamint that he would not sell it until recently. The 2nd owner only had it 2 months when he sold it to me because he did not want to disrupt the originallity of the car by modifying it. I drove it home with the intent of keeping it as original as possible and making only necessary repairs.

So far I have replaced front drum cylinders, shoes, flex lines and had the date coded drums turned, plugs, set the timing and 205/70R14 tires. I have all new weatherstrip, felts and vinyl top. I need to fix the heater control fan lever and order seat covers, original green steering wheel and find a green basket weave vinyl top.

I could use help with identifying the original carb. The PO installed an electric choke Holley 4bbl. I do not believe is original, but it is odd that the intake manifold is a 3905393 and is a 4 bbl intake yet the engine code "HC" specifies it as a 2V that I interpret as a 2 barrel. What carb should be on this?

The first 2 pics are when I purchased it. I did not buy the 20's he had on it because he also had the original 14x6 rallys. The last pic is after the tires were put on and the car was cleaned up.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hello chevroletfreak, you've found the right place. I've found everyone is passionate about their novas here. If you have ?'s, you will find help or you can brouse & find any info you need to tackle the situation. And everyone wants to see pictures. Welcome to SNS!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
NIIIIICE! :thumbsup:
BEAUTIFUL RIDE! LOVE THAT COLOR ON THERE!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts