Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows if a 66 Chevelle console will fit in a 65 Nova 4-door. I recently put bucket seats in the nova, and I plan on putting in a four speed somewhere down the road. I know the Chevelle is a full size bigger than the Nova, so I don't want to buy one and have it not fit:bored: this is probably a really strange idea, but the reason that i want to put in the chevelle console is that my nova came with a clock, and I want to put a tach in it, but I don't want to take out the clock or put it on the steering column, so I would put the tach in the chevelle console. (they came with a hole at the top for a clock) Sorry that this is a long question :rolleyes: Please Help!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I've thought about doing the same if I ever chose to run bucket seats in mine. I've got a 67 chevelle with one and really like that design console. I've never really liked the stock nova consoles because they don't have an opening compartment built in them or the built in clock mount.
I've thought of the tach idea 20 years ago but never got to it.
I've also seen mid 60's Impala consoles with a similar clock mount location in them. Thought about using one of them too.
Not sure of the fit issuies, but I would guess its close enough in shape to make it work. You will need the 66-67 chevelle console bracket mounts that are spot welded to the trans tunnel in order to secure it down. Their are 3 seaprate brackets.
If i'm not mistaken, everything you need is avaliable reproduction now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts