Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any thing on this setup ? have a heidts front clip & was saving for the 4-link setup , then came across checkerds 4-bar at half the price , any help would be cool . thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks , Ronnie. must you do the mini tub for this setup ? & what other mods must be done ?does anyone sell a pair of mini tubs for 64 's or must that be custom fab ? thanks

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
no you dont have to mini tub. i did it so i could run a 275/50/15 tire. i can tell you thou tha in order to get it to fit properly i had to send the crossmember backand have it narrowed 1/4 inch, which patrick did no prob.also i will have to notch my floor pans to clear frame connectors. last but not leastthe top hole location on th crossmember is very high i may have to notch for it as well. all in all tho it is a decent peice. i will be posting pics of the install in the coming weeks. i still have to order axles. good luck pal. if you have welding and fab skills you do this easily. ronnie

·
Registered
76 Posts
no you dont have to mini tub. i did it so i could run a 275/50/15 tire. i can tell you thou tha in order to get it to fit properly i had to send the crossmember backand have it narrowed 1/4 inch, which patrick did no prob.also i will have to notch my floor pans to clear frame connectors. last but not leastthe top hole location on th crossmember is very high i may have to notch for it as well. all in all tho it is a decent peice. i will be posting pics of the install in the coming weeks. i still have to order axles. good luck pal. if you have welding and fab skills you do this easily. ronnie
Will be interesting to here of tire fit - wheel width and back space. read some places mini tubed you can run a 10 inch wheel?other places a 8.5 inch?? How much are you taking down the rearend? Did they give any instucktions with the kit? sure looks like a heck of a good deal to me. I want one!! Joel

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have one just finished mini tub, my rearend was dropped off today to be narrowed should be installing it in the next couple weeks. if i can help you with anything i would be glad to. there are some other members who have already installed it as well. ronnie
Hey guy's this post is to quiet for a while Hey Duce!! never did say how much you took out of that rear end?? ever get it hung in there yet? if so what did you find out spacing for the wheels ect...???? Joel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts