Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I re-dyed my top and stripped the cabriolet window trim with some marine strip. It turned out so good I just left it that way and almost makes me think that's the way it was originally. And Mike you know I can never have enough chrome. :devil:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know Phillip, do you suppose that's the way it was from the factory or is the texture part of that trim supposed to be painted top color? I can't imagine why they would take the time to chrome the whole thing if not. Then again it was the 70's huh, so who knows.

Too bad we don't have some kind of documentation on the originality of these cars. You just don't know what was what.

I can say the top has been re-dyed so many times the grain of those trim pieces was almost gone from layers of dye. Needless to say the top needs replaced. I'll be damned if I take it off, you just don't see too many of these anymore so I'm going to whatever it takes when the time comes to fully restore everything the way it was. Right now I'm just avoiding painting the entire car as long as I can. Need to enjoy it some first before I put it up for a year getting ready for paint. :yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts