Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost ready for paint

Fiberglass rear spoiler, fiberglass bolt on hood, 18 ga steel ground effects. I honestly don't know if I like it or not. Does it need something else?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The basic design is styled sorta like Dale Srs #2 Coke car. I added a couple things from other cars I like too.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front will settle about 1 &1/2". But I can't lower it, this is Arkansas, the rock capital of the USA. I'll be driving it every day, & beating the crap out of it every chance I get. It'll be red with a black Corvette Motion stripe down the middle, a '70 camaro or chevelle Motion arrow on the side which will make the tail all black, & black ground effects. I do have alot of time in it. I had to cut & weld about 50 pieces of steel for the ground effects. It's boxed in the jambs & wheel wells with an 1&1/2 break on the bottom. I will box most of the bottom once it's painted. I cobbled up a scoop on an old rusty hood & made a mold to get the hood I wanted. I cut steel & welded it to an old decklid & made a mold for the rear spoiler. I cut all the bucket seat & console floor brackets out of a parts nova & installed those in it. I frenched 4 1950 pontiac tail lights in it. The bumpers needed a little attention so the ground effect thing would work. Now I don't think it looks right. Maybe some fog lights & some recesses in the back for the exhaust. Then again, I'm sick of working on this thing, maybe I should just sand & paint it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm right there with you on the ground effects. I wish I was an artist so I could have seen it on paper first. I thought it looked good with my cardboard templates taped to the side of it, so I went with it. Once you start welding stuff to the side of your car there's no turning back. Hopefully the paint job will help it. I just can't leave anything alone.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Interesting concept.

Paint- NASCAR type scheme would be right on.

Wheels- That are on it look good....black racing steelies with Goodyears would be awesome.

Thats a heck of an effort ----Nice Job.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting concept.

Paint- NASCAR type scheme would be right on.

Wheels- That are on it look good....black racing steelies with Goodyears would be awesome.

Thats a heck of an effort ----Nice Job.
i would go with a nascar paint job. get some black steelies from summit racing and goodyear tires with yellow or white letters. youll stand out from the rest. good luck

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I really like this car, but I think the ground effects should be shortened some and the car put a couple inches lower - but not slammed. Either or I think its a sweet looking car.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it does need a nascar paintjob. And I like the black wheel & goodyear tire idea. I'll have to live with these wheels until I save up more cash. But I do have a couple gallons of red & black base coat & clear. Should I copy somebody elses paint, or come up with my own design? I'm open for any suggestions.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like too, but I'd tear the bottom off of it if I lowered it, too many speed bumps, rocks & dirt roads around here for a maniac like me. The front will settle more than an inch. I put the same springs on it as I had on it before, and I could drive it hard without ripping the headders off. I agree it would look better, and I like lowered cars, but they don't work for me.(or maybe my careless driving style)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
lines look to sharp,need softened up, kinda like you just welded straight panels on the bottom of your car,imoho:yes:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Nose looks like a 76 GTO...is that where it came from? Can't wait to see the paint scheme. It'll definitely get alotta attention...:cool:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lines look to sharp,need softened up, kinda like you just welded straight panels on the bottom of your car,imoho
Actually I welded a strip of metal just below the bodyline on the sides, then I bent 3/4" of the top of the ground effect over and slipped it into the strip of metal. It's got about a 1/16" gap or less between the body and ground effects that I'll fill with seam sealer. It would be a warped up mess if I welded it directly to the side of the car. It is welded to the bumpers. And it's all arrow straight because I skim coated the whole car with 5 gallons of bondo :eek:, a gallon and a half of polyester primer, and a gallon of urethane primer. No, not all of it stayed, but where it did was meant to be. I was, and still might paint the ground effects black from that sharp line down. I'm just waiting for one of you guys to come up with the perfect paint job for it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think that it would cool painted a cobalt blue metallic with silver or charcole gray strip/stripes
All the jambs were just painted red, & I just spent $600 on sealer, red & black basecoat & clear. If I have to eat $300 worth of base coat & blow it back apart to redo the jambs, it's gonna be Dale Srs green Mtn Dew car. WOW! I just had an idea! Isn't there red Mtn Dew now? Gotta go look at dales old dew car.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess it wasn't Dales car, but I thought I saw a 75 ventura with mtn dew paint, but I can't find it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts