Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the clip come with the steering and brake components and all that? I just priced one online and it was around $1900. That sounds REALLY low, and I don't see anything in the description about the steering or brake parts. :confused: I'd like to possibly order one soon depending on how much it cost with all the necessary stuff.

Also, what are motor plates and mid plates?

Matt

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew if I waited TechGuy would come in.:D

Tis for a 69 Nova. :)

Matt

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
to make it look like the picture starts @ 4695.00
12" brakes, sway bar, adj coil overs, billet rack, dropped spindles, tube a-arms, trans c/m, billet motor mounts, bitchin' steering, handling & braking.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that's a hefty chunk of change! :eek: I guess I'd have to call to get the specifics, but still, what are motor plates and midplates?

I've never heard of those anywhere other than the Chassisworks site. :confused:

Matt

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Motorplate & midplate are used if you don't use traditional motor mounts. Normally you find them only in drag cars since they are solid mounts and not recommended for street driving unless you don't mind the vibration etc. They are common in a typical tube chassis car.

As far as the cost of the Chassisworks kit, I have one and it was worth the money. All the parts & pieces are there, everything fits perfect (including headers), and the quality is the best I've seen. The polished stainless and billet pieces are show quality if you want to go that route. It doesn't use Mustang parts, everything has been re-engineered to correct the issues we all run into with early Nova's. Cheaper kits are out there and will work fine but it's the "get what you pay for" syndrome. Read through the threads on here and you will see what issues the others run into with some of the other kits.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Mike. You know, now that you mention it, I don't recall ever seeing a thread where someone had a difficult time installing a Chassisworks clip. :)

I'm already sold, though, as I've had my mind set on the CW clip ever since I first saw it in the back of a car magazine. :D

Matt :kirby:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Cheaper kits are out there and will work fine but it's the "get what you pay for" syndrome.
yup, and unless you have some fab/welding/etc. skills, then go with the best fitting and most complete kit regardless of price...i hate spending 3 times the price of something because i bought cheap stuff when i could've spent more to start with and came out on top

1 - 9 of 9 Posts