Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a GM clamshell type motor mount will work in the chassisworks clip? Specifically I was planning on using LS1 adapter plates with a urethane insert clamshell mount. I just hate to spend the $269 on a billet mount that nobody will ever see. Any advice as to what GM mount will work with the chassisworks clips would be great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you ever find an answer to this ??I'm building a 67, TCI front,Loved the 4 link pics any more info or build pics ,, Dang nice WORK !!

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
A quick phone call should provide an answer to the engine mounts. TechGuy on here works for Chassisworks as well. I used their billet mounts and they are very nice, much nicer than stock ones, and stronger.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I decided to go with an LS after I bought the Alston kit for a SBC so I used the 3 hole motor mount that came with the kit, bolted it up to the adapter plates for the LS. I did have to mill down the alston 3 hole SBC billet mount the thickness of the adapter plates to get the motor to sit lower in theframe and get the holes to line up. If you do a standard 3 hole mount conversion and are going to run headers and want CBR headers, his come with the adapter plates to space the motor with the proper spacing. If you need adapters, I have an extra set.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
A quick phone call should provide an answer to the engine mounts. TechGuy on here works for Chassisworks as well. I used their billet mounts and they are very nice, much nicer than stock ones, and stronger.
X2!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
X2!:thumbsup:
You would think that would be the case but when you call their answer is we designed the kit to work with our billet mounts, we don't know if any others will fit. I ended up buying their billet mounts which are nice pieces but are pretty expensive for a part you really can't even see. If someone is interested I could measure my billet mounts and you could measure up a standard gm clamshell to see how thick of an adapter plate you would need and if the width is right. I have a set of transdapt adapter plates I can measure as well that I am using for an LS oldsmobile swap I'm doing right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts