Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at both CW G-machine Clip and Scotts? Any opinions or reviews on either? This will be going into 65 Nova SS. Was looking at the 2" drop spindle, but worried i may have clearance problems. Would like to get 17" rims under there. Any opinions from those that have been down this road would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Call Justin Padfield (owner) @ Scott's. He will gladly discuss the suspension and wheels you plan on using on the nova

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
ChassisWorks all the way. they've been around a long time, they're established and the feedback is phenomenal. there are more guys running CW than Scotts. feedback on CW will take it probably 10 to 1.

"Techguy" Mike Weddle is a member here, send him a PM. he's an extremely knowledgeable guy, not just selling parts but the engineering side etc.

that's my vote anyways ;)

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
My vote would have to go to Chris Alston too, they have been at this for a long time and really put out a grade A product.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Shill posting at it's finest!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

I will take a look at the links and give Mike and Justin a call. There is so much information out there....but the real test is you guys who have installed and purchased. Thats why i was asking. Every company (heidts, CW, Scotts, TCI etc) claims theirs is the best.....the OWNERS opinion is what matters. I am a new owner and appreciate the volumes of information on this site. No SHILL here.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
I will take a look at the links and give Mike and Justin a call. There is so much information out there....but the real test is you guys who have installed and purchased. Thats why i was asking. Every company (heidts, CW, Scotts, TCI etc) claims theirs is the best.....the OWNERS opinion is what matters. I am a new owner and appreciate the volumes of information on this site. No SHILL here.

you'll find in the end that it's the overall concept and budget of the vehicle that will determine which way you go.

what we want and what we need are sometimes two completely different things. best thing to do is to write out what you want the car to ultimately be and make a list of the required parts. break the list down into groups and work on a system at a time. front end, rear end/suspension, engine, trans, body, interior, trim etc etc etc. you'll see that it all adds up quick and when you see the sub-total on parts the concept and/or budget may need to be re-evaluated.

time is also an element that needs to be considered. how long will it take to bring this car from what it is to what it's going to be in the future. will this be a driver that gets updated or will it be a project car. if it's a project, how long will the build take etc.

lots to consider and regardless of your decision, i wish ya the best ;)

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Well put Johnny.. Considering what he said sometimes the consumer (meaning you) really doesn't need a real high end package. Not saying not to do it but simple bolt on's like products from Church Boys racing is more then enough to get a car to handle well..

I've scene so many people buy a Alston Chassis or a DSE chassis just from them to only cruise the car. Like I said I'm not saying that you need to be a tradionalist with your car but it's just some other options to think about

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up going with CW and working with Mike. The pallet arrived this week. Thanks for your feedback..i appreciate it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts