Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found someone to set up my chassis. Bringing it Tuesday to set pinion angle, adjust 4 link, set front / rear shocks and whatever else is needed. Question is: Can a tune help my et / mph?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Anything you do to help the 60' will pay off big on et. MPH not as much affected by 60' as et is.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
chassis tuning definetly helps with e.t. not so much mph but it helps with e.t. if your car 60 fts good now wait til they tune it a tad and youll see improvements for sure thing is i hope they are doing this at a track cause all tracks are different its better to tune at a track cause this is where the car lives not strapped to a dyno or on floor jacks :yes:

·
Registered
562 Posts
i dont know how experience you are but you should have them mark your 4 link brackets were each hole is and measure the instant center on each one and write you a cheat sheet of what each position should do. this will help you down the road for tuning at different tracks, ect. then keep a log book of weather conditions you had and what bar settings you used. it is very helpfull down the road if you change anything. and hot roders always changed stuff

·
Registered
793 Posts
chassis tune up

Finally found someone to set up my chassis. Bringing it Tuesday to set pinion angle, adjust 4 link, set front / rear shocks and whatever else is needed. Question is: Can a tune help my et / mph?
welcome to the site let me know what happens how close are you to new orleans maybe you can check me out one day, Jerry

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome to the site let me know what happens how close are you to new orleans maybe you can check me out one day, Jerry
Jerry,

I'm in Thibodaux (1 hr. from New Orleans), home track is No Problem Raceway Park. I'll keep ya'll posted. I'm trying to get this thing in the 9's.

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
Question, Why spend so much time getting a pinion angle to within a gnats a**, when as soon as you adjust a ladder bar up or down, all that goes out the window? Is the pinion angle more to do with driveline integrity, or traction? Thanks.
When you make a laddar bar adjustment you have to re-check the pinion angle and re-adjust, you can not make the adjustments and expect things to last very long. The pinon angle has to do with the whole car working and performing properly for countless passes down the track.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
You will only see positive results if your car is currently setup incorrectly...There's no magical 4 link/ladder bar/shock/pinion angle etc. setting that makes you go fast. Every car is different.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
So, if you have a ladder bar set-up and a cross link bar which is the best way to install the cross link for performance..Driver side to right rear or passenger side to left rear...

For a street car would you recommend a wishbone set up or keep the cross link bar set up..Let us know how you like your chassie set up once tuned....The pro's and con's of a profession set up over trial and error...

Eddie

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
i'm gonna guess ..

the best set up will be the one that puts the least amount of loading on the chassis from the rear axle to plant the tires enough so not to spin so it can push the car foreward instead, JMO

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tried the car Wednesday night (after getting the chassis set). The times didn't change, but the car works, transfers weight, the front lifts, and rear squats. I'm satisfied. The front shocks were "bottomed out", so the car was launching, leaving like a boat with the motor trimmed all the way down. BUT NOW I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM. Please help b4 I go out and spend all kind of money (getting tired of that)! My engine location has changed from stock, which makes the radiator fill cap lower than the intake, because of this, I installed a thermostat housing with a fill neck, in order to fill the coolant from the highest point of the system. The overflow bottle is filling, when temp gets into the engine. I bought a new cap, but never installed yet, thinking that I have a bad cap, which is allowing coolant to enter the overflow can. I've seen in catalogs, a recovery tank which allows air to be continuously purged and the coolant recycle from the tank back to the radiator. I;m thinking of changing the cap, trying it out, hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
562 Posts
can you take a pic of the side veiw of your 4 link please i would like to see something, if you could take a pic of the chassis, and also a side pic of the car? also are you sure it is squating? im not trying to burst your bubble, but the car shouldnt be squating.

If you send a couple pics i might be able to help with a couple things

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can you take a pic of the side veiw of your 4 link please i would like to see something, if you could take a pic of the chassis, and also a side pic of the car? also are you sure it is squating? im not trying to burst your bubble, but the car shouldnt be squating.

If you send a couple pics i might be able to help with a couple things
i can do that, I also will video the launch and post. Thanks for the help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts