Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm starting a header build project on my 65 with a S&W A-arm square tube chassis. The heads are 18° bowties and I would like to build 1 7/8 going into 2" primaries. The engine is a little further toward the front than I like, but for now I will have to work with it. The back of the A-arm sits 4" below the second exhaust port on both sides. This requires the front pipe to run back horizontaly and the second pipes to be turned back somewhat before they can angle down. I bought a 2" kit from Jegs and some 18° flanges from Schoenfeld. I had an old set of 1 7/8 headers with the horizontal first pipe and cut the primaries and spotted them to the flanges. I intend to connect the 2" peices from the kit and run them to the collectors.
What I really need is some ideas or especially pictures from anybody that has something remotely close to what I have. So if you have a smallblock, even with a stock front chassis with the type of headers I am describing, please post up some pictures of your headers so that I may get a clue about where to end up. Thank you in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts