Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
vht sp671 Chassis and Roll Bar paint, in a can.....the stuff is a satin wth a slight sheen, and looks great.

i used it for engine bay, subframe, firewall, under car, etc

·
Registered
613 Posts
Eastwood

I am using Eastwood's chassis black and it is "LOOKING GOOD":cool:. I media blasted the subframe, bottom of body shell, etc. wiped with prep sol, sprayed eastwoods black rust encapsulator, then the chassis black over that. Looks fantastic, is fast and easy and I'm doing it myself. I can not ask for more than that. :yes: I am very happy with the results, but do not have any info on lasting results, but others that told me about this were happy with their results and its still holding up after years of cruising. Take Care

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use Dupont® HotHues Hot Rod Black... very close to gm with the benefit of being a catalyzed urethane paint

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
For a spray can, Eastwood's chassis black is hard to beat. The catalyzed paints are much better though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
this may sound farmerish, but when i did mine i sandblasted everthing, primed and sprayed it with tremclad that i reduced it with lacquer thinne , i hope it holds up for the long run, but it looks good and has been sitting for a couple years and looks good still, just don't get battery acid on it, and it's cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts