Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on this page in several years. But have always found this to be the place for real answers. I have a 1969 SS Nova am downsizing my rear tire and wheel combo from a 15/50 on a 10 inch rim to a 15/60 on an 8 inch rim. I want to get rid of the air shocks and ride on normal suspension. What would be my best/tallest tire and wheel(backspacing) fit for the rear of my 69? I have had the rear wells rolled under to provide a little more room. My fronts are now on an 8 inch rim and are 60 15's. As always any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Some may get away with a 275/6015 on a 4.5 backspace, if you can find a rim you like with a 5" backspace I would think you could fit a 275 easy with a rolled lip. I can just fit my 275 60's in my 72 with a 4.5 backspace and rolled lip. I tried a 5.5 backspace 8" rim, it fit one side fairly well, not so great on the other side due to some diff offset. I might run a spacer on one side, not quite there yet.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
bugsplat396 said:
Haven't been on this page in several years. But have always found this to be the place for real answers. I have a 1969 SS Nova am downsizing my rear tire and wheel combo from a 15/50 on a 10 inch rim to a 15/60 on an 8 inch rim. I want to get rid of the air shocks and ride on normal suspension. What would be my best/tallest tire and wheel(backspacing) fit for the rear of my 69? I have had the rear wells rolled under to provide a little more room. My fronts are now on an 8 inch rim and are 60 15's. As always any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Wow you have 8's on the front. You should be able to fit a 275/60 back there. Later.

Mark!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts