Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips or time savers for changing the right rear quarter window on a 67 coupe?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone have any tips or time savers for changing the right rear quarter window on a 67 coupe?
I'm not sure about the 67, but my 69 Quarter Window only took a couple minutes to remove once the rear seat and door panel were removed. There was a clip on the stud that is on the glass. Once you remove it, just slide it off the arm and the glass comes out the opening on the inner panel

hope this helps....

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I am in the middle of this on a 66 coupe, all I can say so far is there is no easy way. Took me a couple of hours to get both the quarter windows out and then I started wondering how I was going to get them back in. I suggest a Fisher body manual to start with, you can download it off the Internet, it has diagrams on how they come apart and go back together.

Let me know if you find some tricks, my nova comes back from paint in a couple of weeks and then the fun begins! :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
They're a b**tch!

Like said above, no easy way to it, just start messin with it, and you'll get it out. As far as getting back in, I found it easiest to leave all the tracks/regulators loose. You need to line up the rollers first. If you have nice drip rail molding, make sure you tape it up, because the glass will contact it when putting it back in.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the rear door panel on a 2 dr coupe have plastic plugs that hold it in place? Other than that is it just window crank and arm rest?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after 3 1/2 hours of looking for an easy way,I got it out.Finally I just unbolted everything and dropped the track inside the panel,removed the felt and rubber trim peices at the top of window opening and it came out.I can hardly wait to put it back in !

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Well after 3 1/2 hours of looking for an easy way,I got it out.Finally I just unbolted everything and dropped the track inside the panel,removed the felt and rubber trim peices at the top of window opening and it came out.I can hardly wait to put it back in !
getting it back in is just as tedious. Just remember that the best way is to leave the regulater loose because you'll need to get the rollers lined up in the tracks first.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, The window is back in. This is what I found to make it easier, Have another set of hands [another person} during re-assembly to hold the window from the outside,use a marker and circle the adjusting nuts before removing, Remove all rubbers and felt strips at the top of window opening,use painters tape and tape the stainless strip{drip edge}around window opening so you dont scratch it,drop everything inside the panel and remove,doing one side at a time helps cause you can use the other side for reference.Putting the window back in took about 20 minutes with my wife holding the window still while I lined up the tracks.Hardest part I felt,was making adjustments of the tracks,that took several hours, In the end ,I found that rolling the window up tight and place it where it needs to being for proper fit,then just tighten all the adjusting nuts on the tracks and the regulator.If I had to do the other side I would find it pretty easy and MUCH faster than the 4 hours I spent to day.Good luck ! Any questions feel free to email me at : [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts