Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if I pull the antenna out of the front fender of my 65 it will leave a hole. OKay guess I would have to spot weld a backing plate and then fill it in.

But where would a rear antenna go, what part of rear fender? Can I use the same unit or do I have to buy a special type antenna to put bak there.
JK

·
Registered
51 Posts
I 'm doing the same thing on my '63. I haven't drilled the hole yet, but have marked exactly in the same place as my parts car antena was. It has two rear antena's. One dummy & one working. The "working" antena also has a special factory brace for it, unlike the front mount antena.
I can send you some pics if that will help

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I can also snap some pics and take measurements of the rear antenna on mine, not sure if the antenna is the same as I have not removed mine yet. Just lemme know.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures please!

:yes: Pictures please I like the idea of a rear antenna, out of the way of the front fender.
Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
My 65 didn't come with a radio, but over the last 10 years, I had a front mount off of a 63 wagon on my right front cowl. It wouldn't stay tight, or straight, so I had the hole filled, and put a power antenna in the right rear quarter. It works great, and it wont get broke off. As far as where to put it, I used my 65 assembly manual, and guessed and got pretty close to where the original would have been.

·
Registered
348 Posts
See this is my question!!! One of my 63's had it in the front, one had it in the back, my boy's 62 had it in the back. How is that decided?:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts