Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a vid of the car

this was a 1.35 60' , running calvert 90/10 shocks

it seems like it pops up really quickly the slams back down almost as quickly, and i feel like there is some wheel spin.

should i get adjustable shocks and slow the front end rise down?

limit the travel so the wheels dont lift?

or launch with more power and hang them a little longer.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Looked good to me, I say throw some more power at it and see how it likes it. Nice.:yes:

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I'd stiffen the compression on the rear shocks, and the extension on the front shocks. How much pressure are you running in the tires?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd stiffen the compression on the rear shocks, and the extension on the front shocks. How much pressure are you running in the tires?
thanks.

I was running 12.5 psi. curious, what does stiffening the compression on the rear shocks do?

The calverts are not adjustable so Im kinda stuck with the extension unless I go to an adjustable shock and the decent ones are $250-500 each.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
it will slow things down in terms of chassis movement, and hopefully keep the tire planted so it doesn't spin after the initial hit. it will also slow down the pitch rotation of the body. Trial and error - but I would try going stiffer on rear compression my $0.02.

Your back tire doesn't seem to be doing much of anything - that's why i asked how much air pressure you are running.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will slow things down in terms of chassis movement, and hopefully keep the tire planted so it doesn't spin after the initial hit. it will also slow down the pitch rotation of the body. Trial and error - but I would try going stiffer on rear compression my $0.02.

Your back tire doesn't seem to be doing much of anything - that's why i asked how much air pressure you are running.
I think you are right. this is more what I want from the front end.

slow rise, slow drop

vs the fast pop fast drop.

my front end is almost as loose as one can get a front end right now, with the lightest moroso springs and calvert 90 10s. thats why Im thinking maybe throwing more power at it will allow it to hang more before coming down,

but ultimately, I agree with you that a double adjustable is what is needed.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts

slow rise, slow drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POeIO8m4iz0&feature=BFa&list=HL1349530036

my front end is almost as loose as one can get a front end right now, with the lightest moroso springs and calvert 90 10s. thats why Im thinking maybe throwing more power at it will allow it to hang more before coming down,

he has wheelie bars - and it's hitting them very hard too! It would be dragging the bumper without them! He sure does have that car figured out. I think he posts on the chevelle site.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts

slow rise, slow drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POeIO8m4iz0&feature=BFa&list=HL1349530036

the loose front end and 90/10s are more suited for low horsepower cars - you need something stiff on the front end to slow it down

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your rear looks like it takes the initial hit good but unloads a few yards out, as the front end drops. I would first probably try to stiffen up the rebound on the rear shocks. This will keep the rear planted a little longer, this might bring the front end down slower. Adding compression in the rear will also help the tires from unloading, but it does not look like the rear is winding up because there is very little squat in the rear at launch. I would try to make what you have work first, then buy the front DA shocks if you need them. Just another opinion, Good luck

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info guys.

im going to mess around with the rear setting and just get some more seat time to see what needs to be done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts