Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Do yourself a favor and don't waste your money on the fan setup if you haven't bought it yet. I bought the radiator/fan combo and when I got the fans I had very little confidence in them once I installed and wired them up. They looked really cheap and seemed like they could die at any time. I ended up getting a Taurus fan from Amazon and hit the junk yard for a OEM fan controller from a Volvo. I have way more confidence in an OEM setup over cheap aftermarket. That fan and controller rocks and I can let my 383 idle all day in my driveway in Texas heat. It will cycle on and off as long as I leave it running. That setup was less than the Champion fans and shroud and works much better.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I have no experience with the fans but have used the Champion radiators in a couple of builds. They always fit great and keep my cars running cool.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have no experience with the fans but have used the Champion radiators in a couple of builds. They always fit great and keep my cars running cool.
Yeah the radiators are excellent. I've had a champion in my 73 for a few years and no problems. Cools great and well built. When I need another radiator I'm definitely looking at Champion Radiators.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah the radiators are excellent. I've had a champion in my 73 for a few years and no problems. Cools great and well built. When I need another radiator I'm definitely looking at Champion Radiators.
Really? I have one in my nova which has a 496 doesn't do a good job when temp outside gets over 90. Its a 3 row and i heard they are not nearly as efficient in dissipating heat as a 2 rows of 1" tubs.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Really? I have one in my nova which has a 496 doesn't do a good job when temp outside gets over 90. Its a 3 row and i heard they are not nearly as efficient in dissipating heat as a 2 rows of 1" tubs.
I can leave my car idling in my drive way in 98 degree temps for 30 mins and it never over heats, Im sure I could leave it longer but I've never had a reason too so far. Fans will cycle on and off continuously with out any problems. I do have a high flow water pump, taurus fan, 2 speed temp sensor (it never hits the high speed), and an Volvo OEM fan controller. I forget what thermostat I have in there but I haven't had an issue since I went this route and the radiator seems well built and hasn't given any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts