Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Saw the below '31 Ford rat at the car show, and I thought the idea was brilliant..... I would like your opinions on painting a rat with chalkboard paint.....

Please let me know..... I have some plans for the '65 Nova rat. :devil: I like the "schoolhouse" idea.

Thanks folks,
Tim

·
Super Moderator
9,801 Posts
Sounds dangerous. So what's to stop your "friends" from chalking up the automotive equivalent of 'kick me' on the back when you're not looking? :devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I like it, and you can change the look as long as you have time, and lots of chalk :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I think it is a cool idea. If you have the talent to draw you could restripe or draw all kinds of cool stuff on it and when you get tired of it or it rains you change it up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Chalk can bake in pretty good if its left too long, we had chalk markings on our humvees, and military trucks when I was on active duty. It was on there so good the only way to get them off was to grind the paint off - new layers of paint would still show the chalk.

I think you should leave the crayola to the 8 year olds and the drive way...:eek:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I agree... sometimes guys do things just to get the max attention... then regret it later.

I'm doing my whole exterior with self-etching black primer rat-rod until I can cough-up the dough for a that '66 Butternut yellow long-roof I have always dreamed of.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Sounds dangerous. So what's to stop your "friends" from chalking up the automotive equivalent of 'kick me' on the back when you're not looking? :devil::devil:
You mean something like.............**** YOU COP above the rear diecast ????
:devil::D:D:D:D:D:devil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts