Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Mike, I'm 24, my father gave me 73 Nova SS Hatchback w/ 350 V8 & AT for my 21st birthday. For the past 4 years it's been collecting rust while I get my finances in order. I'm finally ready to start putting time and money into it. I plan on stocking up on parts/supplies this summer, and while I'm laid off this winter, I'll park it in the garage and tear into it. I will be posting some pics soon.

Right now I'm still trying to gather some ideas to help decide what direction I decide to go. Whichever route I decide to take, I want to restore everything from the frame up. Regardless of how long it takes.

I'm a beginner to major car overhauls. I can do minor repairs to my vehicles, but I don't have alot of knowledge, so any advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance...

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Hope you meant collecting dust, its much easier to remove.

A complete restoration will keep you busy. As for knowledge, your on the right site. Spend some time reading here and decide if you have the equipment you will need.

Rust repair can be very time consuming and requires a fair amount of tools and equipment.

I am also in central IL

Gook luck and welcome to the site.
EarlyIIs

·
Registered
756 Posts
WELCOME. EVERYTHING TAKES TIME. ITS A GREAT HOBBY. LOTS OF ANSWERS ON STEVES. GOOD LUCK. :waving::chev::thumbsup::)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope you meant collecting dust, its much easier to remove.

A complete restoration will keep you busy. As for knowledge, your on the right site. Spend some time reading here and decide if you have the equipment you will need.

Rust repair can be very time consuming and requires a fair amount of tools and equipment.

I am also in central IL

Gook luck and welcome to the site.
EarlyIIs
My dad is a retired body man. Any and all rust will be cut out and new metal will be shaped from scratch.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the the site, you should be able to get all the help you need here!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Mike, my name is Krystal, I am also 24 and am a proud owner of a 73 Nova SS Hatchback 350 with an M-22 tranny (birthday gift from my b/f). I am doing some minor work to my car as it is in pretty good shape overall. If there is anything that I can help you out with let me know and I will see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
welcome to the site..your going to like it here, great info and great people and more join every day, good luck on your car !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts