Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
13,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throw another log on the fire, folks. -33C in Winnipeg at 7 AM this morning. +11C in Victoria B.C. yesterday. That's Canada in January!

Bob

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Cold

-17.8 degrees centigrade now outside my window.:rolleyes: Ontario winter.

·
Registered
295 Posts
-23C here in Southern Quebec this morning. Not sure what that equates to with the wind chill factor. Ohhh and we got a light dusting of 30cm of snow.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ha-ha-ha, "a dusting of snow in Montreal (30 cms)" Too real!

I won't say it's a "typical" winter here in Atlantic C-C-C-Canada, with temps constantly on a rollercoaster from +5 one day to -20 C (with wind chill) the next, but it most certainly is a C-C-C-C-Canadian w-w-w-winter! G-g-g-jeeze it's cold! Well, wait a minute, no its not...

·
13,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this a weather forecaster effort to be humorous? They just ended the extreme cold warning for Winnipeg. It's still -24C (11AM Sunday) with a windchill of -38C. Overnight Wednesday it's going down to -39C :eek:. Never cancelled school for cold or snow when I was a kid in Winnipeg. Still remember those days trudging off in 40 below zero (-40C and -40F are equal).

First year in Vancouver they had 4 inches of snow and my brother and I were the only ones who showed up at school. Never thought to listen to the radio to hear if school was cancelled. School was always on in Winnipeg.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts