Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing my clutch again, and forgot (and don't have the install directions anymore) which side of the clutch disc goes against the pressure plate, and which one goes against the flywheel? There is a solid disc side, and I think that goes against the flywheel. Google isn't helping. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I just installed mine and I beleive the side with the solid disc goes towards the clutch plate side and the side with all the smaller pucks goes towards the fly wheel. To make sure, look at where the input shaft goes thru the disc. This will be taller on one side than the other. The taller side goes towards the transmission.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just installed mine and I beleive the side with the solid disc goes towards the clutch plate side and the side with all the smaller pucks goes towards the fly wheel. To make sure, look at where the input shaft goes thru the disc. This will be taller on one side than the other. The taller side goes towards the transmission.
Thanks man. I figured that out by digging up the media files on centerforce's website. I found one of the cutaway photos of their setup, and it showed the solid side to the pressure plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts