Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me by telling me the torque spec where the center link connects to the pitman arm and the idler arm? Thanks in advance! btw I did search it and came across a spec showing 85 ft pounds just wanted to make sure that was right thanks!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've never torqued them, just good and tight. What are you going to do when you torque it to spec and the hole for the cotter pin doesn't line up? Tighten it more or loosen it?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I've never torqued them, just good and tight. What are you going to do when you torque it to spec and the hole for the cotter pin doesn't line up? Tighten it more or loosen it?
Same as the ball joints, torque them then tighten till aligned with cotter pin hole. I never torque them either, but I usually torque the ball joints.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Can't say torquing them is a bad idea, but I've never had one come loose, ball joint or steering gear, and I've tightened quite a few.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The crazy thing is everything else that I torqued down has pretty much lined right up:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts