Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 wagon, not sure yet what engine it came with, wanted to know if 6 cyl and 8 cyl center link was the same. Whoever put the 350 in this one, used the wrong oil pan and cut and modified the center link to make it work. I need to correct this before I have my wife driving it. I got an aftermarket oil pan that is modified for the center link from a mechanic friend of mine the day I got the car. Only had the car one day and will try to decode it tomorrow to see what it started life as from the factory. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
there are two kinds...

'67 Centerlink will be the same, regardless of engine size...

they are different, Manual steering and Power steering though...

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
63 -67 manual steering center link the same
63-67 power center link the same
You should be able to find a good used one here on the site.I do not believe they are reproduced.If you want to improve the overall performance of the wagon for the MRS:devil: you could upgrade to a power rack and pinion and larger Camaro LS1 brakes all the way around:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information, it was scary when I looked under the car and saw the rigging on the center link. I found a center link at a chevy site that said it was for a 67 nova and advanced auto parts shows one, but will investigate further and I'll check out the site for one. It is a manual steer car at the moment and will be for a little while. Just trying to make it perfectly safe for the wife to enjoy for a bit. One day I will take it completely apart and do a ground up resto and maybe upgrade a lot of items then. It'll give me a moment to research and see what upgrades we will want to do. It appears there is lots of good knowledge and info on this site. As long as she is happy, I'll be great.

You guys will have to forgive me, I'm a ford guy with a 65 fastback mustang that I spent 5 years building, those I know about, the Chevy II's not so familiar with and I'm finding out they have their little quirks about them to do upgrades. I also have a 64 cutlass 442 convertible that I am currently working on also. I just like old cars and trucks. Thanks again...:D

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you are rebuilding the front end you may as well spend a little more and install a Church Boys Racing font suspension. It keeps the frame rails and adds rack and pinion.

I've spent enough rebuilding mine that if I had to do it over I would do the CBR front end. I am going to install a CBR front suspension one day anyways...

Just my .02 and experience so far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cbr

I saw the Church Brothers rack and pinion set up and liked it a lot. When I got the car, the guy I got it from had bought all new ball joints, upper/lower bushings, sway bar bushings, and tie rod ends so I can just get a center link and fix her up for now without spending much more money at this time. Wife wants to drive soon, so time and money are an issue. One day maybe the CBR set up. Looking at it today, whoever worked on the front kinda did a hack job on the center link and springs, it sits a little too low now and I'll put the original style springs in it for now also. Other than this, the car runs good, and the body looks pretty good too, so I'm pleased with what I have. Thanks again for the advice.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts