Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have my interior done soon, and I'm not sure how I feel about a center console. I have a floor shifter (automatic) that I think I'd like integrated into the console, but I'm not sure if I want a console at all. Nova is a 71, aftermarket bucket seats.

What's everyone's thoughts about a console? Pictures always make the decision easier:D

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
That is up to you to decide but, remember, these cars back in the day, didn't come with cup / phone / change holders or anything else that was a convience now.

In my bench seat 71, I made a console that would house the 2 5/8" gauges I need along with 2 large cup holders.

If you look in the 3rd Gen section of this site, there are many of us whom have gone the custom route and used consoles from, Neons, Cavaliers, and made our own.

If my car came with bucket seats, I would definitely add a center console that could house drink holders for the front and rear passengers.

Hope this helps..

Dan

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
My 4 Speed Hurst shifter and boot looks old school and awesome. Nice and clean. That being said, I'm looking to go to a console with an arm rest for comfort and convenience.

·
Registered
615 Posts
That is up to you to decide but, remember, these cars back in the day, didn't come with cup / phone / change holders or anything else that was a convience now.

In my bench seat 71, I made a console that would house the 2 5/8" gauges I need along with 2 large cup holders.

If you look in the 3rd Gen section of this site, there are many of us whom have gone the custom route and used consoles from, Neons, Cavaliers, and made our own.

If my car came with bucket seats, I would definitely add a center console that could house drink holders for the front and rear passengers.

Hope this helps..

Dan
Now your giving me Ideas for my Nova! I wanna see it finished! It looks good! :D

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Where did you get the cupholders from? I love the idea that they are hidden, I am looking for something like that for my custom center console.

Rick
I will see if I can find the info. I have a large file to go through. I do remember they were about $75.00 each which included a nice brushed stainless insulated cup. I always use them on a road trip.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nice cosole you guys have built and installed this also gives me ideas for mine as im planning to give up my bench and go to buckets this year. I have also found a large assortment of cup holders on ebay for cheap!! Cup holders is a must have for me!!!

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Where did you get the cupholders from? I love the idea that they are hidden, I am looking for something like that for my custom center console.

Rick
I found my receipt for the cup holders. I bought them from RB's Obsolete, however RB"s is now obsolete. They are out of business. Check out Santana Interiors. He was the designer. They are shown on his web site at a hefty price. I hope whatever you are drinking tastes better with these. LOL.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts