Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the center consoles for all the x-bodies (nova, omega, ventura, skylark) are the same? if so does anyone have one, if not does anyone have one for the skylark that they are willing to sell?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
They are the same and will fit in between the bucket seats. They are hard to find. As far as the brackets I can't say. If you find one make sure you get everything transmission hump brackets, bolts, rubber boot, shifter, shifter cable, and the brackets that connect the steering column to transmission. Classic Industries just sells the console for now.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
They are the same and will fit in between the bucket seats. They are hard to find. As far as the brackets I can't say. If you find one make sure you get everything transmission hump brackets, bolts, rubber boot, shifter, shifter cable, and the brackets that connect the steering column to transmission. Classic Industries just sells the console for now.
They are not all the same. I've seen different consoles in the Pontiac Ventura/Phoenix and Olds Omegas:

Pontiac Ventura/Phoenix:

Olds Omega:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Some buicks came with a nova style console. If you convert to buckets & console, to do it right, you need to have a parts car with brackets. You could make console brackets if you're handy with metal. I've got a couple extra consoles & 1 shifter, nice, but not perfect. If you're using an OD trans a shifter from a mid to late 80's camaro fits nicely.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is one on e-bay and classic industries sells them, but for novas, wanted to know if it would be correct for my skylark.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here is my nova SS console with the rally gauges:

Much different than the others and I don't think it would look correct for your skylark...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts