Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked all over this site, found bits and pieces but hoping to find out more about this:

I would like install a center console in my 69. Its a floor shift manual setup right now, with everything out, hole in tunnel is off center toward driver seat.
I have an original console with gages and the 4 speed tunnel hump piece.
The console has the 2 brackets underneath it, but I can't seem to figure how the floor hump mates to the console or am I missing another component?
If the 2 do mate together, it cant be real smooth, seems like I'd have to push them together...

If anyone has done this conversion, I'd love to see pics of each piece needed and how they fit together. I believe I'll need to widen the tunnel hole to "Center" the hole with the console. Any advise on just where would be great as well.

Tranny is a Super T-10, Hurst shifter, but not sure of the shifter linkage, I could take a pic and post.

Any advice or help would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Console shifter is different than non-console shifter...

Do you know which Hurst shifter you have (model #)???

I have conversion kits for Super T-10 into 3rd gen. Nova's...

Thanks... Crash

[email protected]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I looked all over this site, found bits and pieces but hoping to find out more about this:

I would like install a center console in my 69. Its a floor shift manual setup right now, with everything out, hole in tunnel is off center toward driver seat.
I have an original console with gages and the 4 speed tunnel hump piece.
The console has the 2 brackets underneath it, but I can't seem to figure how the floor hump mates to the console or am I missing another component?
If the 2 do mate together, it cant be real smooth, seems like I'd have to push them together...

If anyone has done this conversion, I'd love to see pics of each piece needed and how they fit together. I believe I'll need to widen the tunnel hole to "Center" the hole with the console. Any advise on just where would be great as well.

Tranny is a Super T-10, Hurst shifter, but not sure of the shifter linkage, I could take a pic and post.

Any advice or help would be great. Thank you.
Barry, I'm having the same problem as you. I do have the correct shifter and had to extend my hole to center it more. The correct shifter is offset so it aligns to the center of the console. The problem I'm having is when you put the console over the hump that I bought it sticks way up in the back because of the flat bracket thats on the console. I can send you shifter info if you need or pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Console install

cwb90,

I'm sure, I don't have the correct shifter arm, it's a Hurst, but its straight.
Please send the pics if you would, maybe the part number as well.
Just message me the pics. If that's an issue, let me know and I'll send an email address.

crash,

I'd like to see one of your Super T10 conversion kits.

Thank you both and another member whom I spoke to last week.

Barry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts