Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anybody has used these, but I wanted to give a heads up that atleast on the RHS Vortecs they hit four of the pushrods per side. I don't know why they didn't cut out a little more material when they designed them? The top gasket also won't fit without enlarging the holes.:confused: Not a big deal, just thought for 100 bucks I wouldn't have to be grinding and drilling to get them to work.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DriveWFO said:
Chris, are you running 1.5 or 1.6 rockers?
I'm gonna run the 1.5's for now and hope to go with some 1.6 rollers this summer. I've been taking my time putting it back together and making sure I won't run into any problems when I switch.

Just seems like they could have designed these a little better?:rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,245 Posts
Repointer said:
I'm gonna run the 1.5's for now and hope to go with some 1.6 rollers this summer. I've been taking my time putting it back together and making sure I won't run into any problems when I switch.

Just seems like they could have designed these a little better?:rolleyes:
I would've just got new centerbolt valve covers if it were me instead of dropping $100 on the adapters. FWIW, I'm running Crane's 1.5 Gold roller rockers (self-aligning) under my valve covers with no clearance issues.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DriveWFO said:
I would've just got new centerbolt valve covers if it were me instead of dropping $100 on the adapters. FWIW, I'm running Crane's 1.5 Gold roller rockers (self-aligning) under my valve covers with no clearance issues.
Now ya tell me.;) I did do some thinking on it and was just not too fond of the center bolt covers, so I thought I'd give these a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DriveWFO said:
Chris, I'm also running the FelPro CorkLam valve cover gaskets which are 1/4" thick to give some extra clearance. They stay in place while installing the valve cover too.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FPP-1648&N=115&autoview=sku

Yea, I was just checking those out earlier. I went to order those covers from Summit and they are out of stock until May, so I ordered some polished aluminum ones off e-bay, they should be here anytime now. I'm gonna try and get the other gaskets to seal to get me through the weekend and then order some new ones. Thanks for the tip.:)

Any of you local guys, I'm going out to PIR tonight and watch a friend run his Scion, he just had a supercharger put on it.:rolleyes: He's never raced it, but I think he's hopeing for 12's.;) If my car's not ready tonight I'm still going but I will be out tomorrow night for sure with my car. (If I have no problems with it that is).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,245 Posts
Repointer said:
Yea, I was just checking those out earlier. I went to order those covers from Summit and they are out of stock until May, so I ordered some polished aluminum ones off e-bay, they should be here anytime now. I'm gonna try and get the other gaskets to seal to get me through the weekend and then order some new ones. Thanks for the tip.:)

Any of you local guys, I'm going out to PIR tonight and watch a friend run his Scion, he just had a supercharger put on it.:rolleyes: He's never raced it, but I think he's hopeing for 12's.;) If my car's not ready tonight I'm still going but I will be out tomorrow night for sure with my car. (If I have no problems with it that is).
Cool! I'm hoping to race on Sunday if the rain stops sometime Saturday ;)



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DriveWFO said:
Cool! I'm hoping to race on Sunday if the rain stops sometime Saturday ;)
Good luck. It's beautiful here. Supposed to be in the 70's all weekend. That's kinda unusual around these parts this time of year.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
good timimg on this, I have plans to run the adaptors so I can run the old chevrolet script valve covers,

what brand and where did you get them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,245 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top