Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have a parts mismatch with the dash pad and the center register. Can you guys take a look and see if you can tell what I need/have. The dash is out of a Skylark. I know the register is from another X-body but I'm not sure of what year or specific model.

The register will push back inside the cavity and leave the raw edge of the dash pad exposed. Almost like there is supposed to be another trim plate.

I can pull it up where it's not as noticeable but I would rather find the right register for the pad.

Any pictures you guys have of your stuff could also be helpful.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Your pad looks like mine. I know my glove box & ash tray are same as 77-79 Nova. On mine the frame around the 2 vents is in there pretty solid.When I push in on mine it doesn't move. It's been a year and a half since I had it apart and can't remember what holds it from moving or what it snaps into??. I know the ductwork fits right into the back of the "frame" around the 2 vents and is also pretty solid but has more movement..

[/IMG]

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kim, I can't tell from that picture, is your register just the rectangular frame with the vents or is there additional trim on the bottom? Is it at a slight angle to match the pad or parallel to the ground?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Dave--its juat a rectangle frame with the vents. There is no additional trim on the bottom. It is parallel with the floor not at a slight angle to match the pad.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bummer, after talking with Philip and looking at this thing again tonight when I got off work it looks like the dash pad is damaged. The pad is missing at the bottom portion of the hole for the vent. I never noticed it since the rest of the dash was in such good shape. :mad:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
That stinks! :( Maybe you could glue in a thin but stiff piece of plastic or metal to stick out just a hair beyond the frame. It might not look too bad or even be noticable...except to you, of course.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That stinks! :( Maybe you could glue in a thin but stiff piece of plastic or metal to stick out just a hair beyond the frame. It might not look too bad or even be noticable...except to you, of course.:rolleyes:

Yeah I'm going to try and figure something out, I sure ain't going to pull that sucker out just yet. I'll do a "patch" and keep an eye out for a better piece when there is money for it. It's a minor bump in the road. Kind of a relief to know I'm not looking for some exotic part made from unobtainum. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts