Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it looks like we will be blessed with a great raceday in March, this Sat is the first test and tune at Cecil and their calling for sunny skies and 70+ degrees!! I am loading my money pit up tomorrow..

Winter upgrades include: Manual rack & pinion, all new braced, reinforced, boxed ladder bar suspension, freshly coated headers, new chute.. Looking for some 8's on motor!!!!

· Registered
216 Posts
Well, it looks like we will be blessed with a great raceday in March, this Sat is the first test and tune at Cecil and their calling for sunny skies and 70+ degrees!! I am loading my money pit up tomorrow..

Winter upgrades include: Manual rack & pinion, all new braced, reinforced, boxed ladder bar suspension, freshly coated headers, new chute.. Looking for some 8's on motor!!!!
Hey G, I heard cecil had like 10" of snow is that true? If the snow is melted off the track and clear, Im most likely gonna be there racing too, I upgraded the fuel system and got the dominator on and made some caltrac adjustments, hopefully everything goes smooth. Good luck to you on the 8's :)

· Registered
485 Posts
Have fun guys. I'm still waiting for my new intake valves to be shipped from Manley to Indy to get the heads finished and they have to then go to Md. to my engine builders. I hope to button up the motor next weekend except for the intake which should be undergoing plumbing for 2-3 systems next week. I HOPE to be there for the first Street Car Shootout in April in 4 weeks though. Keep us posted.

· Premium Member
642 Posts
The air temp may be 71 but the track is going to be cold. I might show up just to watch. My Nova is a good bit away from making its first pass.

Good Luck!
Jim Smith

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shakedown runs...

Had too much pre load 1st pass, pulled hard to the left.. 2nd pass, I elimiated the pre-load, then proceeded to shake the tires, third pass I snapped the sprag.. Got home, pulled the tranny, should get it back Friday, so you know what I'll be doin Sat am to make the track by 9....

That was an alsome wheelie!!! I notice on your 2nd pass, it looked like your fan/water pump belt was hanging off the front, couldn't get to you or your dad before you ran.. What was it?

· Registered
216 Posts
Had too much pre load 1st pass, pulled hard to the left.. 2nd pass, I elimiated the pre-load, then proceeded to shake the tires, third pass I snapped the sprag.. Got home, pulled the tranny, should get it back Friday, so you know what I'll be doin Sat am to make the track by 9....

That was an alsome wheelie!!! I notice on your 2nd pass, it looked like your fan/water pump belt was hanging off the front, couldn't get to you or your dad before you ran.. What was it?
That sucks you had some problems, im sure you'll get it dialed in, I'll probably come down saturday and watch, Im having the transmission rebuilt this week. And yeah that was my alternator belt, and it actually stayed put, I pulled the hood after the run in the pits and it was in front of the oil pan laying on the crossmember.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.