Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran 2 passes today at a Test-n-tune, this is an all motor combination, its a 461sbc with 15degree heads, 1150CFM dominator, and caltrac bars/springs.

1st pass:
60ft:1.306
330:3.832
1/8:5.955
mph:115.99
1000ft:7.787
1/4:9.348
mph:143.80

2nd pass:
60ft:1.314
330:3.856
1/8:5.999
mph:114.93
1000ft:7.850
1/4:9.424
mph:142.78

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Cool congrat's man. I have a couple question's for ya. Is this a foot brake car or are you using a TB? And what is your peak HP#? You can send me PM if U like. I am just curious because I am building a 460sbc my self and hoping to make 900hp and run some 5.80's or better. Oh one last question..........How much does your car weigh with you in it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool congrat's man. I have a couple question's for ya. Is this a foot brake car or are you using a TB? And what is your peak HP#? You can send me PM if U like. I am just curious because I am building a 460sbc my self and hoping to make 900hp and run some 5.80's or better. Oh one last question..........How much does your car weigh with you in it?
Its a foot brake car, I use a TH350 with an 8" ATI 4500 stall converter and leave at 2000RPM. It made [email protected], Im not sure what the car weighs now, Im thinking it weighs 3300Ibs with me in it, it use to weigh 3270 w/driver and my old stock block 415sbc, and I know the dart block is heavier than a stock block.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Its a foot brake car, I use a TH350 with an 8" ATI 4500 stall converter and leave at 2000RPM. It made [email protected], Im not sure what the car weighs now, Im thinking it weighs 3300Ibs with me in it, it use to weigh 3270 w/driver and my old stock block 415sbc, and I know the dart block is heavier than a stock block.
Man that is some good number's. Thank's for the info. Why are you running a foot brake and not a Tran's brake? Is that because the class you run in wont allow it? Or is that some thing you prefer to do? I am asking all the question's because I am just trying to get a feel for what I am going to be running. Again thank's for all the info.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Peak hp has little to do with why a N/A combo goes fast.

Man that is some good number's. Thank's for the info. Why are you running a foot brake and not a Tran's brake? Is that because the class you run in wont allow it? Or is that some thing you prefer to do? I am asking all the question's because I am just trying to get a feel for what I am going to be running. Again thank's for all the info.
Me thinks he footbrakes it to try to keep it off the bumper..

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Peak hp has little to do with why a N/A combo goes fast.
Maybe I miss understood what you mean, but he is running a N/A combo himself. And yes I know the way his car is set up is different. But at
least I will have a general basline to what my car "MIGHT RUN".

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like foot-braking ,and the class I run once a month allows the use of a trans-brake, I prefer not use it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it, Sucks you had a cut trans line, I like watching your Nova run, not mention all the other Rhodes cars too.

Yea it ended my day a little early, but it was no biggie. I was there to tune on Dons car anyway. If it had been race day I would have fixed it there but I was only testing a few things and didn't feel like laying under the car to put a band aid on it. I'll pull the whole line and just make a new one. I'm just glad it started sawing throught when I pulled the chute and slowing down v's powering down the track, could have been real ugly.

·
Registered
362 Posts
75/80

75/80 is a dump. Yep I said it. Read my post on the 75/80 and you will see what I mean. Trans let go on the 1-2 shift, blew the hub, took out the case, the blanket saved my A>>>. It caught big chunks of steel headed for my A...

I had good luck with Lupo in the past going to give him a shout on Monday. A guy out of Baltimore just did this one 7 passes ago...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Frank Lupo is a nice guy. I drove to his shop to pick up my converter. He is located just before MD State Line on Newark-Elkton Road. He'll treat you right

1 - 20 of 38 Posts