Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help! :(

I recently bought a set of CBR upper control arms and already have a QA1 coilover setup from www.autofabcart.net
The autofab coilovers comes with a lower mount that works with the stock control arms and a 3inch tbar, but won't work with the cbr setup, so since the bolt holes are 5inces apart on the cbr a-arms, i ordered a set of 5 inch qa1 tbar mounts.. after being back-ordered a month they finally arrived and guess what, of course the damn things just have a single hole drilled in them 3 2/4 inches apart not slotted the length of it like the 3 inch ones :mad:

so now i have no idea what to do, someone else has to be running cbr uppers with qa1 coilovers? what did you use? :eek:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
it looks like there's enough material to drill holes in the right spot,but before modifying some probably expensive part see what QA1 says.I don't think slotting the holes would be strong enough.Are those snap ring grooves gonna work?Maybe CBR can help they've started selling a QA1 coilover setup for their arms.

·
Vendor
4,080 Posts
it looks like there's enough material to drill holes in the right spot,but before modifying some probably expensive part see what QA1 says.I don't think slotting the holes would be strong enough.Are those snap ring grooves gonna work?Maybe CBR can help they've started selling a QA1 coilover setup for their arms.
I would suspect that QA-1 would have the correct T-bar for the nova upper arm as they do sell or manufacture a kit for the Nova. You can either slot the bar that you have or get a replacement from them that is correct.

Our coil overs are made by Vari-shock.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as far as i can find qa1 doesn't sell a setup for the nova, i ordered the 5inch tbar setup expecting it to be slotted like it shows on their website http://qa1.thomasnet.com/item/otorsports.... if it was it would have worked perfect.
not sure i want to start cutting it trying to slot the end of it, there isn't enough material unfortunatly to just drill new holes, im worried about weekening it :eek:

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
These are on my QA-1 coil overs from CPP.
Not sure if it a specific part for CPP or a QA-1 component.I do know for a fact these fit the CBR upper arms:D

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Also VariShock makes a two piece lower that works on CBR arms,but you would need to take some good measurements and maybe call Alston to see if thier system is compatable with QA-1

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I need some help! :(

I recently bought a set of CBR upper control arms and already have a QA1 coilover setup from www.autofabcart.net
The autofab coilovers comes with a lower mount that works with the stock control arms and a 3inch tbar, but won't work with the cbr setup, so since the bolt holes are 5inces apart on the cbr a-arms, i ordered a set of 5 inch qa1 tbar mounts.. after being back-ordered a month they finally arrived and guess what, of course the damn things just have a single hole drilled in them 3 2/4 inches apart not slotted the length of it like the 3 inch ones :mad:

so now i have no idea what to do, someone else has to be running cbr uppers with qa1 coilovers? what did you use? :eek:

ME PERSONALLY I WOULDN'T WANT TO USE A SLOTTED BAR, I JUST DON'T TRUST THEM :no:
LOOKS LIKE THE BAR YOU HAVE ALREADY IS CLOSE, BUT I'D SEND THEM BACK AND GET A LONGER BAR, SAY LIKE 5 1/2 IN. OR 5 3/4 IN. OVERALL LENGTH THE ONE BRIAN HAS BELOW LOOKS LIKE WHAT YOU NEED.
GOOD LUCK!
:thumbsup:
These are on my QA-1 coil overs from CPP.
Not sure if it a specific part for CPP or a QA-1 component.I do know for a fact these fit the CBR upper arms:D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Also, as a last resort you can bolt the Autofab bracket to the CBR arms using only the middle set of bolts on the bracket, which is what I did temporarily because I didn't know the bars wouldn't work. I think it will hold up, but I plan on going to a longer t-bar mount in the future as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

that one also seems to be a bit longer, the one i got is exactly 5 inches so if i tried to slot it, there would be no material left on either side :(

thanks for the pic, that would work perfect, do you happen to have one handy, could you grab a caliper and measure the size? i cant find those on alson/varishock site! don't know what the odds are of them working with QA1's :eek:

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
I have both sets of shock in my possession but the Varishocks are on my car.I am happy to help with what I can

·
Vendor
4,080 Posts
O.K. Guys if you want to use the
AutoFab coil overs and would like me to get a dimension and figure this out I will need to know what the inside bore of the lower shock mount is on the Auto fab shock. I will also need to know what the width of the bearing housing is as well.

All I can do is check to see if this can be a happy resolution but, until we know the dimensions I can not say one way or the other if it will work. Then will it even be available???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
an update for anyone looking to run qa1's with the cbr uppers i got a tbar that seems like it will work!
its from CPP, and their part number is 49008. cost $19 a piece.

Hope it helps anyone that runs into this problem :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts