Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 63 and wanted to upgrade the front end. I would like to add the CBR zero offset disk breaks and Upper/Lower control arms. My question is will I be able to install the control arm upgrade and keep the stock rack?

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
How long has CBR been offering an zero offset disc brake kit? This is the very first time I've heard of one. I ended up with a CPP kit but just might consider selling the CPP and going CBR as I know their upper/lower control arm kits are great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nylock fasteners

If you buy a CBR upper/lower control arm kit, make sure you replace all the nuts and lock washers with nylock nuts. Had one vibrate off and almost killed me in the process. Car went sideways at a stop light after going 60mph. I would have rolled my 63' convertible a dozen times. CBR said my shop didn't torque the nuts down. BS, they showed me their procedure and they have two mechanics torque each front end nut and my alignment shop told me the same. Just use antivibration nuts on all your bolts. Had the CBR front clip on when I bought the car. Switched the whole front clip to Heidt on a totally restored car. Wasn't too bad I ended up putting an LS3 connect and cruise package in while it was all apart. Already had a Heidt 4 link with a Ford 9" rear end to handle the 450 HP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts