Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
interested, too--curious if any modifications are necessary. also wondering how much shipping costs are, too.

-Rusty

·
Registered
923 Posts
20190515_200638.jpg 20190515_200617.jpg
Here are a couple of pictures I took during my installation . I used the church boys connector kit because it didn't interfere with the stock parking brake cable. The instructions didn't call for it but I drilled a hole in the cross tube and welded in a half inch pipe nipple to run the cable through the tube instead of the cable rubbing on the tube. Realize that you will have to cut to fit the tubes before welding as they are shipped slightly oversized to allow for variances in particular vehicles. I like this kit design because it ties the front subframe rail to the rocker which I believe increases strength.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How much were they?
$199

·
Registered
390 Posts
Appears the CBR SFC are weld in. I used the TCI SFC with their TQ Arm and it is bolt in. I have been wondering if I should weld mine in but I think I want to check to make everything is straight and it tracks correctly first. Curious if others have checked that before welding - is that a concern?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
When installing subframe connectors, it is best to have the car sitting on it suspension whether bolting or welding them in.. This will ensure that the doors will still lineup properly when it’s set back on the ground. With the TCI Torque Arm system the links are all adjustable so you can square it up..
Appears the CBR SFC are weld in. I used the TCI SFC with their TQ Arm and it is bolt in. I have been wondering if I should weld mine in but I think I want to check to make everything is straight and it tracks correctly first. Curious if others have checked that before welding - is that a concern?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts