Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody purchased the stock height CBR rear leafs? All the cars I have
messed with have the lowered springs.I would like someone to measure from the axle tube to the frame or some common point for a reference.I am trying to decide which springs would be best suited for a customer.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Brian have you asked Chuck if he can have them built to spec? He can probably designate whatever free arch height you want. If all else fails there's a spring builder up here that will re-set them to whatever height you want. Monos are under $100 a set.

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am aware of most of those options.I was hoping someone had bought the "stock" height springs for a measurement.It tough to figure out what height 45 year old spring is.They want to retain the same height as it is at currently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As Brain stated we are trying to maintain our current ride height. I measured it at 10 7/8" from the lower frame rail to the lower portion of the mono leaf (see pic below).

Does anyone know how close to "stock" or CBR's standard height we are at?
Also, those with the CBR 2 inch lowering kit what does your ride height measure?

THANKS!!!

**First time trying to post a picture, sorry if it does not work.**

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picture looks perfect:D
I know some stock height springs have been sold, who bought them??

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
If you can get that same dimension from a car with the 2" drop springs wouldn't it be a pretty safe bet that the stock height springs are 2" higher? My guess would be that you want something around a 1" drop to match the springs that have probably sagged that far over the years. depending on the tollerance you're trying to hold, and short of getting really lucky, I would plan on having the springs adjusted, or making custom drop blocks after having driven the car for at least a couple weeks to let the springs settle in.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
From the bottom of the framerail to the TOP leaf of my CBR 2" drop springs is 8". From the frame to the bottom of the spring is 9.750".

From the ground through the centerline of the rear wheel up to the bottom of the outer wheelwell opening is 19.5".

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Bumping to the top, as I'd also like to see pictures of the ride height with CBR stock-height springs. Preferably on a 1st gen coupe / sedan. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts