Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
look like alot of play to me. doesnt look like you have the brace from the top of the shock tower to the down tube. that may help

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That doesn't look good to me. The original video posted wasn't flexing. I would think that much flexing will lead to cracking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't watch the whole thing, just jumped ahead to the 12 minute mark, but it looks like the whole inner fender is also flexing. They shouldn't be connected, right? Also, I don't think you would want to connect the top of the shock mount to the down bar, as it isn't designed for lateral forces, mostly tension/compression along the length.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Somebody should ask Chuck if this looks right.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Actually, the CBR subframe does now connect the top of the shock tower to the down tube. They sent me the braces and I welded them in per the instructions. If yoy look at their Facebook pics you can see it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
65Lsx, are both sides doing the same thing? Are the shock towers connected to the down tubes? And have you spoken with CBR, if so, what is their response/solution? Lastly, how long have you had it on the street?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Another question I have for 65Lsx is what prompted you to do a video in the first place. Did something not feel right in the handling?

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello everyone. As shown from my original video you will see that there is no flex. The second video was shown without having 100% of the gussets and bracing in place. If anyone has any questions or concerns I would be happy to answer them for you. Send me an email at [email protected] or call 330-442-7162.
Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Guys, that video isnt mine, its something I just came across on youtube. So is there some additional bracing missing in that video?
Also is there a way to get 7" of front end travel out of the cbr stuff?
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reapers and my car aren't in the same league. How much front travel does the cbr modular setup have?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts